Did You Know That You Can Diagnose Yourself With Sleep Apnea At Home?
Many people believe that you have to enter a designated sleep facility in order to get an official diagnosis for obstructive sleep apnea. But doesn’t that feel like an invasion of your privacy? Who likes to be watched while they sleep? Many people have no idea that they can get the exact same results in the comfort of their own bed with a home sleep test.
Why Are Home Sleep Tests So Awesome?
- A home sleep test can be conducted at home – in the comfort of your own bed. How about getting tested for sleep apnea in a familiar environment for once? With the home sleep test, you can wake up in your own house instead of an impersonal sleep laboratory with a bunch of vampire-like doctors watching over you.
- It’s much more comfortable – at home you can test yourself for obstructive sleep apnea without all the heavy equipment and other medical devices strapped all over your body. There is a good chance that you don’t really like to fall asleep covered in electrodes.
- It’s just as effective as getting tested in a laboratory. If you had the choice of comfortably testing yourself for sleep apnea in the comfort of your own bed and going out of your way to a sleep laboratory – and you got the same results from both – what would you choose?
- The results may be more accurate at home. A more familiar sleeping experience offers a more authentic night of sleep. So, by testing your self at home, your test results may be more accurate – and less skewed than if you were to visit a laboratory.
- It’s more affordable. Indeed, getting tested at home is way more affordable. Not only can you bypass the expensive hospital bill by testing yourself at home, but you can also skip other costs, like fuel and snack stops. Not to mention, a home sleep test may be entirely, or partly, covered by your medical insurance provider.
- By testing yourself at home, you can wake up and get back to your life – you don’t need to worry about driving all the way home. In the comfort of your own bed, testing yourself for sleep apnea is easier and more convenient than ever.
Why do Laboratory Sleep Studies Suck So Much?
- It’s out of the way. You usually have to drive way out of your way to a hospital or sleep clinic. The chances of one being conveniently close is slim, so you usually have to plan a few days around the trip. Who has the time for that these days?
- It’s uncomfortable. You will be in a dark – often cold – room; with a lumpy bed and impersonal surroundings. You can think of it like being in a creepy motel in a slasher film. Not to mention, you have a bunch of doctors in another room monitoring your every move.
- It’s invasive. Oh the electrodes – if you enjoy being strapped to the gills with electrodes, like Alex in Clockwork Orange, you’d probably enjoy a laboratory sleep study, but there is a good chance that you wouldn’t – not matter what the circumstance is.
- Lot’s of heavy equipment. Imagine trying to sleep with a bunch of beeping and alarms going off all around you. Imagine trying to sleep with large belts placed around your chest and abdomen to monitor breathing. Not to mention, you’ll have gadgets and gizmos strapped to your fingers to measure oxygen in your blood. At least you’ll know what it’s like to be probed by aliens.
How Does Easy Breathe’s Home Sleep Test Work?
- Secure a prescription for Easy Breathe’s Home Sleep Test by filling out a form and visiting your physician. With a prescription, you can purchase the Home Sleep Test for $299.00 – $100 of which will go to your purchase of a CPAP machine if you purchase a new CPAP from Easy Breathe.
- Take the Sleep Test in the comfort of your own home. After that, you can simply return the test in a pre-paid envelope and a board-certified sleep physician will review the results. Within 48 hours, your physician will have the results. If anytime during your test you need assistance, you can contact a service number, which is available 24/7.
- If you are diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea, Easy Breathe will help you get the supplies you need for effective CPAP therapy.
Are You Ready For A Home Sleep Test?
With Easy Breathe’s Home Sleep Test, you can essentially diagnose yourself with obstructive sleep apnea, so that you can get relief from CPAP treatment sooner rather than later. With Easy Breathe’s Home Sleep Test, getting a diagnosis is easier and more convenient than ever – and a thousand times more convenient than getting tested at a laboratory. Click here to get tested today!